38 Avengers
49 Assembling
Kay

Book Devourer

Just a mild-mannered girl trying to find the time to read her very large pile of books.

Cress
Marissa Meyer
Progress: 50/550 pages
Mythology
Steele Savage, Edith Hamilton

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Kay has read 3 books toward her goal of 75 books.
hide

quotes Kay likes

SPOILER ALERT!

It started off so good, and then...

Shadow and Bone  - Leigh Bardugo

I'm going to make this brief. I so wanted to like this book, but in the end it just didn't live up to the hype for me. I felt like Alina's primary concern was Mal and not the fate of her country, who were depending on her. I would have like to see her deal with being the hope for her country and having that pressure on her. But, nooooo, we get to see her moon over Mal.

The ending really pissed me off. She basically chose Mal and left a bunch of people to die. I know she was trying to escape the Darkling. She could have taken him out right then and there and saved her country from his plans. She chose to run off with Mal and leave innocent soldiers and Grisha to die because they were too afraid to come to her aid. If you want people to be a leader, give them a reason to follow you. Instead, she abandoned them to the volcra to save Mal. I cannot go along with a protagonist who chooses a boy over the fate of her country and leaves innocent people to die.

(show spoiler)